Short communication: 2021 Vol: 25 Issue: 2S
Nancy Firaz, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
Citation Information: Firaz, N. (2021). Assessing the strengths and vulnerabilities for effectiveness of leadership. Journal of Organizational Culture Communications and Conflict, 25(S2), 1-2
Leader’s area unit accountable for making and realizing the vision by encouraging the followers to figure towards the fulfilment of a standard goal. Effective leaders ought to be able to have an ideal assessment of their strengths/weaknesses and agitate it with efficiency. By adopting remedial measures, they must reinforce their areas of strengths and overcome their deficiencies.
Leaders United Nations agency area unit conscious area unit able to monitor their progress and areas of improvement each professionally and in person. they will chart an artistic movement arrange of action and establish the areas of development which can verify their future growth prospects and facilitate them in achieving success in their skilled endeavours (Anderson et al., 2008). Successful leaders ought to have exceptional emotional furthermore as personal qualities like diplomacy, leading by examples associated maintain a sympathetic approach Baron (1989). Sacred leaders stress plenty on honing their social and emotional competencies for gaining acceptance as leaders.
1. Self-assessments will function a supply of motivation as a result of by method of self-assessments the leaders will track their progress and be motivated by their achievements as leaders
2. Leaders get feedback on however they need been able to strengthen their competencies within the areas during which they needed to develop Bass and Avolio (1993).
3. Self-assessments promote awareness by giving associate account of the private & skilled strengths furthermore as weaknesses.
4. By up awareness, the leaders will hone their sacred and leadership qualities.
5. Leaders will develop their leadership development plans by method of self-assessment and drive leadership ways consequently for accomplishing superior performance benchmarks.
Techniques of Leadership Assessment
These techniques offers a comprehensive read relating to however you're perceived as a frontrunner by others and improves understanding concerning one’s strengths and weaknesses as a frontrunner. For conducting 360-degree feedback, the subsequent steps ought to be followed:
1. Completion of a confidential survey: A confidential survey contains of varied queries is completed by the peers, superiors and additionally the reportage authorities for gathering feedback a couple of leader on multiple leadership competencies.
2. Rating and feedback: The members concerned within the survey area unit requested to rate the abilities and supply feedback within the written format
Results area unit analysed and compared with the topic then finally a leader styles his/her own 360-degree feedback survey formats. Some common leadership competencies that ought to embody within the 360-degree survey are:
a. Honesty, high psychological feature qualities, easy approach and competency.
b. Inspirational leader’s area unit visionary, have a robust sense of ethics and principles, bravery and area unit realistic in their perspective.
c. Leaders have a high sense of integrity, emotional stability, believability; maintain equity, area unit self-accountable and dependable.
d. Inspirational leader’s area unit better-known for his or her difficult, encouraging and involving capabilities.
In the end, we are able to conclude that awareness helps in dynamical associated delivery concerning reforms in an individual’s behaviour. Self-assessment helps in up awareness and in developing competent furthermore as promising leaders (Baum et al., 1998). Varied techniques of self-assessment offer very important feedback and inputs on the key strengths and qualities of a frontrunner Bauer and Green (1996). Besides this, it acts as a guiding roadmap in decisive the longer term ways and areas of development of a frontrunner with a vision.