Entrepreneurship is a combination of social, political, economic and cultural elements in a region that supports the development and growth of investments based on creativity and innovation (Tajpour et al., 2018; Tajpour et al., 2021). Entrepreneurship is also a phenomenon that occurs in different environments and settings. In addition, it leads to economic growth through innovations that people have created in response to economic opportunities (Hosseini et al., 2020; Ziyae et al., 2019a). If universities do not act like the entrepreneurial university and avoid involving in creating innovation, they will disrupt national and regional development as well as international competition (Salamzadeh et al., 2021; Tajpour et al., 2015). However, the environments that have been more dynamic than before have led universities to seek answers to this dynamism in order to achieve higher success and performance (Tajpour & Hossini, 2014; Tajpour et al., 2021). Entrepreneurial university is involved as a trend in the development, evolution, and creativity of universities(Salamzadeh et al., 2020; Taucean et al., 2018). So we can say that like catalyst the entrepreneurial university facilitates entrepreneurship that leads to the identification of opportunity and creativity in universities (Centobelli et al., 2019; Khahande Karnama et al., 2017)
In addition, one of the most important methods in the development of entrepreneurial universities is the use of virtual social media for teaching and learning(Salamzadeh et al., 2019; Tajpour et al., 2019). Accordingly, researchers consider entrepreneurial universities as a social system that seeks innovation and creativity in business activities (Tajpour et al., 2020; Tajpour et al., 2018). Certainly, the entrepreneurial university is fundamental in creating fortifications and transferring scientific results to the market and, as a result, the implementation of such activities strengthens the social and economic development of the region (Tajpour et al., 2018; Ziyae et al., 2019b). Therefore, technology transfer, company formation, and regional development represent an entrepreneurial and creative-oriented university (Ratten, 2017).
Finally, it can be concluded that the entrepreneurial university impacts on the improvement of the economic and social situation of the community by changing the mentality and perception of people about innovation and creativity so as to build the process of business creation. An entrepreneurial university is also a place where new jobs are created and this center supports entrepreneurs. This helping hand includes educational, financial and marketing support. Thus, these universities are a response to the growing importance of knowledge in the national system and areas of innovation and new perception of the university.
- Centobelli, P., Cerchione, R., & Esposito, E. (2019). Exploration and exploitation in the development of more entrepreneurial universities: A twisting learning path model of ambidexterity. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 141, 172-194.
- Hosseini, E., Saeida Ardekani, S., & Sabokro, M. (2020). Conceptual model of the voice of the members of the scientific board of public universities of Iran with the approach of interpretive structural modeling. Journal of Research on Management of Teaching in Marine Sciences.
- Khahande Karnama, A., Dehghan Najm Abadi, A., & Tajpour, M. (2017). The relationship between entrepreneurial orientations and occupational performance at TUMS student health center. Journal of Payavard Salamat, 11(2), 124-133.
- Ratten, V. (2017). Entrepreneurial universities: the role of communities, people and places. Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy.
- Salamzadeh, A., Tajpour, M., & Hosseini, E. (2019). Corporate entrepreneurship in University of Tehran: does human resources management matter? International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development, 10(3), 276- 292.
- Salamzadeh, A., Tajpour, M., & Hosseini, E. (2020). Exploring the Impact of Social Networks on Entrepreneurial Intention. Media Studies, 15(48), 111-124.
- Salamzadeh, A., Tajpour, M., Hosseini, E., & Brahmi, M.S. (2021). Human Capital and the Performance of Iranian Digital Startups: The Moderating Role of Knowledge Sharing Behaviour. International Journal of Public Sector Performance Management. Ahead of print.
- Tajpour, M., Hosseini, E., & Moghaddm, A. (2018). The Effect of Managers Strategic Thinking on Opportunity Exploitation. Scholedge. Int. J. Multi, 5(2), 68-81.
- Tajpour, M., & Hossini, S. (2014). A Study of factors affecting Academic Entrepreneurship in University of Tehran Science and Technology Park. International Journal of Case, 3(10).
- Tajpour, M., Moaddab, S., & Hosseini, E. (2018). Entrepreneurship education and learning environment in institutions. Paper presented at the Proceeding of ICE2018. International Conference on Entrepreneurship. Tehran.
- Tajpour, M., Moradi, F., & Jalali, S. (2018). Studying the influence of emotional intelligence on the organizational innovation. International Journal of Human Capital Urban Management, 3(1), 45-52.
- Tajpour, M., Moradi, F., & Moradi, N. (2015). Identify the impact of emotional intelligence on corporate entrepreneurship. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering, 5(11), 66-75.
- Tajpour, M., Salamzadeh, A., & Hosseini, E. (2021). Job Satisfaction in IT Department of Mellat Bank: Does Employer Brand Matter? Ahead of print.
- Tajpour, M., Kawamorita, H., & Demiryurek, K. (2020). Towards the third Generation of Universities with an Entrepreneurial Approach. International Journal of Technoentrepreneurship, 4(2), 122-133.
- Tajpour, M., Demiryurek, K., & Abaci, N.L. (2021). Design the Pattern of Increasing Satisfaction for International Students: A Qualitative Study with the Grounded Theory Approach. International Journal of Management in Education. Ahead of print.
- Tajpour, M., Salamzadeh, A., & Hosseini, E. (2019). Social Media and Entrepreneurship in Creative Industries. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Research in Innovation and Technology, Tehran: Iran.
- Taucean, I.M., Strauti, A.G., & Tion, M. (2018). Roadmap to entrepreneurial university–Case study. ProcediaSocial and Behavioral Sciences, 238, 582-589.
- Ziyae, B., Rezvani, M., Mobarki, M.H., & Tajpour, M. (2019a). The Impact of Academic Spinoffs Components in Development of Internationalization of Universities. Iranian Higher Education, 11(3), 27-48.